The College of Medical Educationists (CME), formerly the Forum of Sri Lankan Medical Educationists (FOSME) is one of the pioneering bodies dedicated to improve the quality of medical and health professions education in the country. It has created a platform to bring together interested individuals and organizations responsible for planning and delivery of medical and health care education in Sri Lanka.
Over the years the organization has been involved in organizing national and international events to share experiences and knowledge in the field. CME welcomes any person from the medical and health care professions to join the organization as an individual member. Corporate membership is also open to universities and similar organizations that conduct educational programs relevant to its activities.
CME promotes excellence in medical education by;
- Creating a platform to share information locally and internationally through networking, conferences and workshops
- Encouraging research in the field of healthcare professions education
- Supporting the continuing professional development of health professionals and allied health categories by conducting workshops and providing opportunities to improve knowledge and skills in curriculum planning and designing, teaching and learning, assessment and research
- Providing professional help and assistance to institutions and programs on developing or improving their program curricular
- Recognizing the global nature of health professions education and generating enthusiasm and a dialogue in the field