Sri Lanka Medical Association ( SLMA ) symposium on Accreditation and Quality Assurance in Medical Education was held on Saturday 28th July 2018 at Galadari Hotel, Colombo.
The College of Medical Educationists in collaboration with the SLMA conducted a symposium on global and regional perspectives of quality assurance and accreditation in medical education at the SLMA Main Congress.
The eminent international and local speakers for the symposium were
- Professor Titi Savitri, Professor in Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia and Council member of the Asean University Network for Quality Assurance (AUNQA) Colombo.
- Council member of the Asean University Network for Quality Assurance (AUNQA)
- Dr Tomas Zapata, Technical Officer – Human Resources for Health, World Health Organization South East Asian Regional Office
- Professor Nilanthi de Silva, Dean, Faculty of Medicine, University of Kelaniya
- Professor Indika Karunathilake, Professor in Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo.
The Chairman, University Grants Commission; President, Sri Lanka Medical Council; Director, Postgraduate Institute of Medicine; Dean’s of all the Medical Faculties; IQAC Coordinators of all Medical Faculties and council members of College of Medical Educationists were invited to the workshop.